Reserve Your Tour Today at our Premiere Rustic Wedding Venue in Montgomery, Texas!
We are not just another venue with a pretty space… We’re a creative and passionate team who has a relentless spirit to create the most enjoyable and unimaginable celebrations for our clients and their guests.
Our celebrations are beautiful, fun, creative, meaningful, one-of-a-kind, and flow with an incredible guest experience in mind at all times.
Located in between Conroe and Montgomery, you will find a small bit of rugged elegance hidden away in this charming, romantic venue. We invite you to book a tour, and if you love what you see, make your reservation today.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Behind The Grand Hall… the Chapel Barn
We invite you to book a tour, and if you love what you see… Reserve Today!
Tell us about your event!
THE GRAND HALL
at Deer Lake Lodge
10500 Deer Lake Lodge Road Montgomery, TX 77316
our Event Manager and Coordinator, Julia. She is a graduate of Texas A&M University with experience in Public Relations, Marketing, and Event Planning. With a fierce passion and great work ethic, she leads our team here at The Grand Hall to create the best events you can imagine. She is one of the many faces of our fantastic team and just as the rest, Julia is dedicated to making every event unique and special just for you!
Venue Rental Terms & Conditions
Rental and Deposits:
The deposit will be due upon your returning the signed and initialed rental agreement. The deposit will secure your date and is non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason. Upon mutual agreement, the deposit and balance can be made in installment payments.
The Rental Fee will be determined by client-selected options in writing and can be divided into agreed upon installments for invoices will be issued to provided email address. The rental fee balance can be paid early with no penalty and full balance is due no later than ninety (90) days prior to day of the event.
A credit card must be kept on file for damages or purchase an accidental rental damage policy. Any due credit(s) (minus deductions for incurred charges) will be applied following the final walk through. The Grand Hall House Manager on Duty will determine if there is any excessive clean-up or damage done to the property as a result of your event and, if necessary, the credit card charge will be applied towards any needed repairs or unpaid fees/charges.
Set up, Tear down and Clean up are additional fees. The Renter may not choose to do these tasks themselves TGH requires the Renters to pay the tear down and cleaning fees in advance to avoid excess cleaning charges. The Grand Hall must be cleaned to The Grand Hall standards to avoid the excessive cleaning charges.
“Set up” is defined as setting up tables, chairs and possibly basic linens, TGH decor/flowers and gold chargers.
“Tear down” is defined as removing the above lsted items at the end of the event.
“Clean up” occurs after the event and includes trash removal, sweeping, mopping, busing tables, cleaning restrooms, bridal suite and grooms suite.
During the event: Busing tables and moving chairs or tables during the event is an additional fee of $250.
The Grand Hall provides labor or equipment for installation and removal of decorations for an additional fee of $250-$500 to be determined in writing.
The client is welcome to use the venue for a ceremony rehearsal practice prior to the wedding. However, ceremony practice times must be approved by The Grand Hall staff. Rehearsals might be canceled if another event is scheduled at that time.
While alcohol consumption is allowed at the facility, alcohol may not be served to minors or anyone appearing to be intoxicated. The Texas Alcohol Beverage and Control board requires that all alcohol be supplied by a professional bar service with the necessary licenses and liability insurance.
BYOB is allowed using the Grand Hall Bartenders and Security. With BYOB – Renter will supply own drinks, coolers, ice, cups, napkins, garnish.
Upon signing the Grand Hall agreement, the client agrees to indemnify and hold harmless The Grand Hall and the employees from any damages, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, which may arise because of consumption of alcoholic beverages by the client and any of the client’s guests.
The Grand is a new venue, but most of the furnishings are antiques or period reproductions. We require clients and guests to use the facilities in a respectful manner.
For the safety of all involved, should hazardous weather occur, such as tornado, severe thunderstorm or hurricane watches and warnings, the property owner/operator reserves the right to mandate taking shelter, stop alcoholic beverage dispensation, and require bands or musicians to switch to acoustic entertainment only, adjust volumes or terminate DJ’s or recorded music until hazardous weather is deemed no longer a threat. In the event hazardous weather requires the evacuation of the property for the safety of the guests, the event will be terminated, guests will be required to vacate the premises. In all above cases the Grand Hall venue manager in charge of the event will make regular announcements to keep guests informed of the situation as well as the steps needed to be taken to ensure their safety.
HURRICANES & TROPICAL STORMS – There are NO REFUNDS for hurricanes, tropical storms or weather conditions, even if a mandatory evacuation is ordered ( Renter may obtain through a third party event insurance. Renter ASSUMES THE RISK).
Parking & Transportation:
There is ample complimentary parking for all guests. Valet may be added at Clients expense.
The gravel lot located at Buckridge Cottage (across the street from TGH) is reserved for the Coordinator and caterer only. All other vendors and the wedding party must park in the designated Wedding Party / Vendor parking area(s).
No cars should be left on site overnight (any cars left must be moved to the main parking lot and only upon approval of TGH Management.) Any cars left at the Grand Hall may be subject to towing, at the owners expense.
Tents and Rentals:
Tents and additional rentals are not included in the rental fee.
All tents used must be frame tents – no pole tents are allowed on the grounds of The Grand Hall. Unless tent-sharing with another event, tents must be set up on the morning of your event (as early as 7:30am) and removed the following morning between the hours of 7:30am–8:30am.
It is required that all pre-approved event coordinators, caterers and bar services provide the appropriate license and insurance documentation prior to the final review.
Unless prior written approval is obtained, we ask that our clients use only preferred vendors for: event coordinator, catering and rentals (including tents.)
To ensure proper use and care of The Grand Hall, we require that the client utilize an Event Coordinator to be responsible during the event. The Coordinator will maintain the client’s agenda for the rehearsal, ceremony and the reception. They will also serve in the capacity of decision-maker on behalf of the client in dealing with all vendors to include caterer, bar service, florist, entertainment, rentals, etc. and will collaborate with The Grand Hall House staff during the event. The Coordinator is required to stay for the duration of the event. At the conclusion of the event, the Grand Hall Manager on Duty and the Coordinator will conduct a final walk through of the house and grounds to assess any possible damages or excessive clean-up that may have occurred during the event. The damage deposit will be handled as addressed in the deposit and security deposit section of this contract.
Any exceptions to this clause must be expressly reviewed, considered and approved by venue management.
In order to appropriately manage the wedding, the Coordinator may not be someone who is in the wedding party or attending the wedding as a guest. If your Coordinator does not have prior experience at The Grand Hall they must be approved in advance by The Grand Hall Venue Manager.
(30) thirty days prior to the event, the Client and the Coordinator must correspond or meet with the Grand Hall’s House Venue Representative
To provide agenda, vendor list, timeline, floor plan diagram, power plan and Plan B (rain plan) for event.
Establish a schedule for vendor set-up, deliveries and pick-ups. This includes caterer, bar service, rentals, florist, baker, photographer, entertainment, etc.
Client / Event Coordinator Information
The Coordinator must work with all vendors (music, lighting, rentals, catering, etc.) to determine overall power needs ahead of time and make arrangements for a generator if necessary.
Smoking inside the facilities is strictly prohibited.
Keep in mind that all of the dressing suites are open during your event. It is up to individual clients to safely store personal belongings.
Please determine ahead of time who will be responsible (either the client or Coordinator) for cleaning up the bridal suites and grooms quarters at the conclusion of the event. (Personal Items)
All send off items must be environmentally friendly and pre-approved by the Grand Hall House Venue Manager. No glitter, fake flowers.
Candles must be enclosed in glass-shaded holders with heat protecting bases.
Nails and staples are not allowed when placing decorations – please use tape, zip ties or floral/fishing wire. Wedding party is Responsible for providing your own ladders, supplies and set up equipment.
All clean-up, break-down and rental pick-up must be completed within one (1) hour of the conclusion of the event (except for the tent.)
Any décor/personal/rental items left at the venue must be taken by the Event Coordinator at the end of the evening – no items may be left at the venue overnight.
The Coordinator is required to coordinate set up, full day-of vendor management, timeline and breakdown of the event. The Coordinator must stay until the conclusion of the event break down to survey the house and grounds for damages and proper clean-up / break-down before leaving the property. Please note, if the Coordinator fails to check-out with the Grand Hall House Manager on Duty, the client will not receive the returned security deposit.
Client / Caterer / Bar Service Information
All caterers and bar services must interview with The Grand Hall representative, provide references and supply insurance information in order to be pre-approved to provide services at the venue.
All caterers and bar service must be licensed and insured.
While The Grand Hall does provide an on-site dumpster located to the left of The Grand Hall, caterers must provide their own trash cans and trash bags (55 gallon) to be used during the event, and all catering trash and slop bucket (food waste) must go with caterer and cannot be thrown in TGH dumpster. All vendors and service contractors are responsible for the cleanup and removal of their equipment, food, bar supplies and garbage within one (1) hours of the event conclusion. ALL remaining trash must be removed from the venue and grounds and discarded in the provided dumpster. (Non-catering or food trash is bar cans/cups/hand towels/paper towels/throw away decorations).
Dump buckets on the rear patio must be placed on tables and not on the ground to avoid attracting wild animals.
All rentals, plates and glassware are to be properly broken down and stored on the rear patio for same night pick-up. Any racks left outside containing plates and glasses with leftover food and drink will attract wild animals and cause damage to your rentals.
Please remove any food and drink from the refrigerator and clean-up any spills or leftover food (including inside the appliances.)
The custodial closet is conveniently located behind the bar. Please sweep and spot mop the floors and wipe down the counters, sink and all equipment.
The catering and bar service representative is required to survey the house and grounds for proper clean- up before leaving the property. Please note, if catering representative fails to check-out with The Grand Hall House Manager on Duty, the client will be billed the damage fee.
Client / Band or Disc Jockey Information
In order to be respectful of our neighbors surrounding The Grand Hall, we ask that the following guidelines be followed at all times:
All music must end no later than 10:30pm.
The volume levels and bass levels need to be measured at the sound check. The Venue Manager will assist with the sound check to make sure decibel levels are understood.
The decibel level is not to exceed 75 decibels at 50 feet from the sound source.
Bass levels must also stay at a reasonable volume. The Venue Manager will assess the volume of the bass at varying areas around the property and will judge whether or not it needs to be turned down.
At any time, if the decibel levels are higher than what is listed above, the band or DJ will be asked to turn down the volume.
It is up to the Event Coordinator and the band or DJ/Booking Agent to determine power needs ahead of time and make arrangements for a generator if necessary.
FINAL REVIEW MEETING
$1,000 Damage Deposit is due or Damage Waiver Insurance purchased with Deer Lake Lodge as the certificate holder. This is a separate credit card authorization from the balance and will be returned to the Renter within 7 days after the end of the event. The Grand Hall House Manager on Duty will determine if there is any excessive clean-up or damage done to the property as a result of your event and, if necessary, the damage deposit will be applied towards any needed repairs or cleaning.
The individual, agent or entity signing the Grand Hall contract, along with the event guests and any contracted labor, will hold The Grand Hall, all employees and affiliates, individually and jointly and severally harmless for any loss, damage or injury to person or property resulting from the use, occupancy or possession of the premises. All disputes arising out of or in connection with the present contract shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce by one or more arbitrators appointed in accordance with the said Rules in Montgomery County, Texas.
DEER LAKE LODGE RESORT ROOM/SUITE/CABIN AND BUCKRIDGE COTTAGE OVERNIGHT VACATION RENTAL
The Agreement is made effective as of by and between The Grand Hall (TGH) at Deer Lake Lodge (DLL) (also referred to as “Lodger”) and the Renters (also referred to as “Tenants” and “Guests”) agree to the following:
1.Cleaning & Linen Service Policy:
The home and resort are provided with pillows, linens, blankets, towels, kitchen towels, comforters, hand towels.
A cleaning service to clean the house and linens on your departure is included on your invoice. You are responsible that all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in plastic bags and transferred to the large trashcans by the road, and soiled dishes and cooking utensils are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. Linens, blankets, pillows, bedspreads, comforters and towels are provided. It is standard for beds (except bunk beds are not fully made) to be made for Guests arrival as part of the linen and cleaning service.
The home is provided with a starter set of toilet paper & paper towels. Lodgers do not guarantee that these extra items will always be available and guests may need to replenish their own paper goods, toiletries, & laundry detergent, etc.
2. PAYMENT DUE - All rental monies are due according to the payment schedule disclosed under "Payment Policy" above on reservation acceptance.
3. HURRICANES & TROPICAL STORMS - There are NO REFUNDS for any reason and hurricanes, tropical storms or weather conditions, even if a mandatory evacuation is ordered (optional travel insurance is offered for Renters protection or Renter may obtain through a third party. Renter ASSUMES THE RISK).
4. CONDITION OF PROPERTY: Lodgers have, to the best of their ability, given an accurate description of the property and its condition. Guest understands that it is considered as reserved "sight unseen". Our cleaning staff will have cleaned it before your occupancy. All electrical, plumbing and appliances should be in working order. The failures of operation of certain extra amenities, such as TVs, cable, games, or the Internet and WiFi service are not a basis for any refund. Lodger will make every effort to have these items repaired but does not guarantee that they will be repaired during Guests occupancy. When you arrive, if you find that the house has not been cleaned to normal standards please notify the Lodger immediately. We will do our best to have tradesmen attend to the problems but may not be able to fix everything over holidays and weekends. Under no circumstances will any of the rental money be refunded or returned because of the condition of the house. The Guest agrees to hold the Lodger harmless from any liability for the condition of the house. Due to the nature of vacation properties in natural settings, the sand, stairs, decks and concrete are not always stable. Use at your own risk.
5. CLEANING & REPAIRS: All homes have cleaning included in the total rent. Please note that cleaning does not include dishes & cooking utensils. If additional cleaning is required after you leave, it will be charged to your credit card. Guest agrees to keep house, furniture and furnishings in good order. Removing, adding or changing furniture without Lodger’s written approval shall be deemed a material breach of this Rental Agreement, and is strictly prohibited. Guest is responsible for cost of replacement of any damage to furniture or premises and replacement of missing items. Under no circumstances can any furnishing or linen be taken outside with the exception of those items specifically mentioned.
6. ENTRY OF PREMISES: With Guest’s permission, which is hereby given, Lodger or Lodger’s representative may enter the premises during reasonable daylight hours without securing prior permission from Guest, but shall give Guest notice of such entry immediately prior if possible and immediately thereafter. For inventory and maintenance purposes a property management employee of the Lodger may need to enter the premises. The same permission procedure applies as above. In any emergency, Lodger or Lodger’s servicing agents may enter the premises at any time without permission of Guest for the purposes of making repairs to alleviate such emergency. If Guest abandons or vacates premises, Lodger may, at his option, terminate this agreement, re-enter the premises and remove all Guest's property.
7. ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE INSURANCE - Renters will be completely responsible for any and all damage to the home or resort caused by Renters, whether accidental or due to Renters negligence. However, Renters understand that the rental includes an accidental damage rental policy providing up to $3,000 in accidental damage protection provided Renters notify the Lodger and assist the Lodger in making a claim. Renters understand that Renters are responsible for damage beyond the coverage provided by the accidental damage insurance. Renters are also responsible for damage that would have been covered by the accidental damage insurance if Renters fail to advise the Lodger of the damage and provide the necessary information that would allow the Lodger to file a claim against the policy.
8. USE OF EXTRAS - Renters will furnish their own Pool towels, extra lounge chairs and shades (EZUPs, umbrellas, etc.). However, the Lodger makes available extra towels and linens to handle unusual circumstances or needs including a few pool towels.
Any unused beds will be left as found. Leave used beds unmade and used towels on the bathroom floor or laundry room.
9. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: No lifeguard may be on duty. Accordingly, persons using the pond, creeks or pool do so at their own risk and the Lodger assume no responsibility for accident or injury. No one should swim alone. Renters will hold the Lodgers harmless from any and all bodily injury and/or property damage incurred on the property arising out of Renters' negligent acts or omissions. See disclaimer below.
10. CHILD PROOFING: Guest understands that no special efforts have been made to “childproof” this property, and accept the risk or harm to any children we allow on the property. These risks are not limited to, but include access to the pond, creeks, forest, pool, resort property, cleaning supplies, plants and animals or insects that might be poisonous if ingested.
11. FURNITURE: All furniture must be returned to its original location on Guest's departure or an additional charge will be made.
12. MISSING ITEMS - Renters will be charged for any missing items reasonably attributable to Renters and not returned after notification. The cleaning service performs an inventory/survey of the property after Guests depart and notifies the Lodger of any missing items. Lodger will notify guests in the event that items were inadvertently taken, and provide guests the opportunity to return the missing items.
13. USE OF SECURITY CAMERAS - Renters understand and accept that the property is protected with outside security cameras. These cameras are used to protect the property from potential break-ins and theft. There are NO cameras inside the house.
14. PERSONAL PROPERTY: Guest understands that any personal property of and used by Guest is not insured by Lodger and Lodger shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or missing property of the Guest or property of Guest left after check out.
15. NATURAL CONDITION: Guest understands that Lodger has no control over the condition of the NATURAL FOREST setting and cannot be held liable for any changes to natural conditions.
16. NO PARTIES - This is not a party house/resort/pool area. The Renter must be 25 years of age to book this Vacation Rental. Any special occasions such as weddings, receptions, family reunions or increase of occupants (guests not registered on registration form) must be disclosed at the time the reservation is made and is subject to TGH's advanced approval. All special occasions must be held at The Grand Hall and Barn location only unless prior written approval by TGH.
Prom parties, fraternity or sorority parties and graduation parties are not allowed at any time. Adults cannot rent property on behalf of underage guests, no exception.
- This is a NON SMOKING vacation rental. Evidence of smoking, such as the smell of cigarette or cigar smoke inside the home by the cleaning crew is sufficient basis to charge the renter for smoke cleanup and removal from carpeting, AC ducts & filters and furniture. This type of clean up is expensive and Renter is Liable for the deep cleaning Costs incurred.
18. NO PETS ALLOWED. If you bring a pet(s), this rental agreement will be forfeited, terminated and deposits will be retained and a deep cleaning fee will apply.
19. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - is 22 adults at Deer Lake Lodge Resort and 10 adults at Buckridge Cottage.
Based upon Code requirements)
20. PARKING – Parking is limited to designated areas only.
21. SUBLETTING: Guest is not authorized to let or sublet all or any part of the premises nor assign the lease or any interest in it without the prior written consent of the Lodger.
22. CHECK-IN & CHECKOUT - Check-in is at 3:00 PM and checkout is 11:00 AM. A late checkout is subject to extra rental charges at the rate of $800/hour after a grace period of 30 minutes. Guests may arrange for extra nights in advance to avoid any late checkout fees. Extra nights are charged at the daily rate and may be granted if available. If Guests are not present when cleaning crews arrive and have left their possessions in the house, cleaning crews will collect their possessions and remove them from the premises in order to prepare the unit for incoming guests and Guest will be charged $150 for this service. PLEASE checkout promptly, the cleaning crews have a very short time window to prepare the unit for new guests.
23. CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES - Renters are responsible to complete the check-out procedures as outlined by Deer Lake Lodge.
24. HOLDING OVER: Because of the nature of Lodger's business (short term winter and summer recreational rentals) Guest understands, and is hereby put on notice that any unauthorized "holding over" of the property past the stated rental period could severely jeopardize Lodgers business and cause loss of rental income from other previously booked guests, temporary and/or permanent loss of business, goodwill and reputation and, among other things, could force Lodger to breach an agreement with similar short term summer and winter recreational Guest(s) who may have reservations during Guest's unauthorized "holding over" period. In the event, Lodger may be legally liable in damages to said other guests. Guests should be aware that unauthorized "holding over" has been construed as a factor in establishing "malicious continuing occupation" of rental property, which may entitle Lodger to treble damages in any unlawful detained action. Guest also recognizes the unauthorized "holding over" could be grounds in court as a cause of action for intentionally interfering with Lodger’s prospective business advantage. In addition, we will charge $100.00 an hour past 11:30 a.m. on day of check out.
25. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES: It is specifically agreed and understood that the relationship between the parties herein shall be deemed to be of proprietor and lodger or Guest as opposed to a relationship of Lodger/tenant.
26. REMEDIES: In the event of a default to the Rental Agreement, particularly, but not limited to Guests unauthorized "holding over" or those acts mentioned above in this agreement, and in addition to all other rights and remedies Lodger may have at law, Lodger shall have the option, upon written notice or as the Law may hereinafter provide, Lodger may immediately re-enter and remove all persons and property from premises. In such an instance, the Rental Agreement will be terminated, and Lodger shall be entitled to otherwise recover all damages allowable under the Law. The Guest, as part of the considerations of this special rental, in recognition that this property is booked in advance by other Guests throughout the year, hereby waives all claims for damages that might be caused by Lodger; re-entry and taking possession of premises or removing or storing property as herein provided, and will hold Lodger harmless from loss, costs and damages occasioned thereof, and no such re-entry shall be considered or construed to be a forcible entry as defined in the Montgomery County, Texas Code of Civil Procedure or other similar statutory provisions. Further, if for any reason Lodger is unable to deliver possession of the premises to Guest at the commencement of the term specified in the Rental Agreement, Lodger shall refund amounts paid by Guest, but shall not be liable for any other damages caused thereby.
27. PRIOR AGREEMENTS: No prior agreement or understanding not contained in writing herein shall be effective. Furthermore Lodger, other than what is specifically written and set forth herein, makes no other or further representation regarding the nature, character and quality of the premises to be rented, and no representation shall be deemed to exist or be material unless and until it is reduced to in writing and signed by the parties. This Rental Agreement may be modified in writing only, and must be signed by the parties in interest at the time of the modification. It constitutes the entire agreement of the parties. If any provision in this contract held by any court to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall never the less continue in full force.
Renters understand that Deer Lake Lodge and TGH are not responsible for any personal injury caused by slipping on wet pavement or surfaces, and that tenants are responsible for exercising care when surfaces are wet or slippery due to weather or use of hoses to wash down areas, and further, that TGH or Deer Lake Lodge are not responsible for any personal injury or loss or damage to tenants’ property caused directly or indirectly from foul, inclement weather conditions, Acts of God or nature, failure of heat, accidents related to fire, heaters, stoves, tenants’ failure to take adequate precautions around wet areas, or any unforeseeable circumstances.
Under no circumstances will Tenants or their guests hold of Deer Lake Lodge responsible for any damages or claims of any kind resulting from their stay.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. This Agreement supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
AMENDMENT AND ASSIGNMENT
This Agreement may be modified or amended if the amendment is made in writing and is signed by both parties. Neither party may assign or transfer their respective rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior written consent for the other party.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed and enforced as so limited.
WAIVER OF CONTRACTUAL RIGHT
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
APPLICABLE LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Texas and venue shall by Montgomery County, Texas.
FACSIMILE AND COUNTERPARTS. This Agreement may be signed in any number of separate copies each of which shall be effective as an original, but all of which taken together shall constitute a single document: An (i) electronic transmission, email or other facsimile of this document or any related document or any related document and (ii) electronically generated signature on this document or a related document shall be deemed an original.